About Alinea Counseling
What is Counseling?
Counseling is the process between therapists and clients when trying to identify, face, and solve specific issues the client has in face to face or online sessions.
Alinea Counseling’s objective is to bring empathic and effective individual, marriage, family, group and online therapy to clients of all genders living in the Brentwood and the greater Nashville, TN areas.
Counseling and therapy may be used by clients to overcome a particular problem and / or for the goal of overall emotional growth and healing.
While in therapy a client works towards completing an array of goals. Goals are unique to each and every individual, and can change through the counseling process. Alinea Counseling’s counselors support the client in establishing the goals they want for themselves.
Some general areas which clients and therapist can work towards
- Learn how to improve identifying, understanding, and managing emotions
- Increase self-esteem and self-confidence by making changes in your life
- Improve communication skills with a love one
- Handle and relieve anxiety and stress by learning new coping mechanisms or wellness techniques
- Learn how to set and maintain healthy boundaries in your relationships
- Improve conflict resolution skills
- Receive caring support through grief and loss
- Address and end process and substance addictions
- Increase and improve intimacy and satisfaction in relationships
- Address infidelity through structured disclosure and begin rebuilding trust
- Rise above self-sabotaging or self-destructive behaviors
- Work through painful events or crises, including ongoing or previous trauma
Our counseling and therapy are targeted to fit your individual and unique needs.
Our counseling team is dedicated to providing caring, supportive, effective and helpful counseling to men, women, and adolescent boys.
We provide counseling for;
- Adolescent males
Additionally, we offer;
- Group Therapy
- Faith Based Counseling
- Christian Counseling
- Online Counseling throughout Tennessee
Counseling may be used in various means: individually, as a couple for relationship issues, as a family, or in a group. Psychotherapy has been proven to be an effective treatment for psychological problems or problems of everyday life. Counseling is also used for general wellness, getting ‘unstuck,’ or wanting to improve in almost any area of life.