Psychedelic is a name given to certain substances which can produce changes in thought, perception, and mood. These substances include LSD (Lysergic Acid Diethylamide), mescaline, psilocybin, and 5-MeO-DMT - all of which are chemicals that occur naturally in plants or animals.
The effects of psychedelics are different from other drugs, like cocaine or ecstasy. This is because they act on the brain differently and alter perceptions by causing changes in thought patterns, moods, and physical sensations.
Psychedelic experiences vary depending on the person taking them and the circumstances under which they are born. At its most extreme, a person may lose touch with reality and experience severe hallucinations. In this case, you need to get them medical help as quickly as possible. However, it's worth remembering that you can experience profound changes in your state of mind without the need for drugs. This is because they stimulate parts of the brain which are responsible for moods and emotions. So they affect you in similar ways to meditation or yoga.
In most cases of using psychedelics, the effects are more manageable. They include feelings of relaxation or euphoria, positive changes in thought patterns, and mild visual/audio distortions which cause no long-term harm to the individual. These effects are sometimes associated with spiritual experiences, but this too can vary depending on the individual and their situation at the time.
Psychedelics are not currently illegal in most countries around the world. They are often confused with drugs like marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, etc.
How do people use psychedelics?
Psychedelics are often used in two different ways. Sometimes people will take them to increase creativity or deepen their understanding of themselves and their world. In contrast, other times, they are taken for recreational purposes to experience a drug "high."
People who use psychedelics for spiritual or therapeutic reasons may use one large dose. In contrast, others who use it recreationally may take many smaller doses over a long period. There is also some evidence that psychedelics can be used as part of cancer treatment, particularly in the cases of people living with cancer who are experiencing anxiety or depression as a result. Where do people get psychedelics from?
Since most psychedelics occur naturally and cannot be patented, pharmaceutical companies have little incentive to manufacture them in a pure form. Instead, they are produced in underground laboratories where safety conditions may not adhere to regulated standards.
This means that when you purchase psychedelics from an illegal source, there is no way of knowing exactly what chemicals or substances you are getting. In some cases, the drugs may not be pure, and in others, they may contain harmful impurities or even other drugs which may be fatal when taken with psychedelics.
What are the different psychedelics types?
There are many different psychedelic drugs, so we will only mention the most common ones here.
- LSD is perhaps the best known and most commonly used psychedelic available today. It was discovered in 1938 by Albert Hofmann. He accidentally ingested a small amount and experienced all of its effects for the first time: changes in perception and thought patterns, mild hallucinations, and exhilaration.
- Psilocybin - This is the chemical found in certain types of mushrooms. It was first isolated by biochemist Albert Hofmann in 1958 and produced similar effects to LSD, such as visual changes and euphoria.
- Mescaline - Mescaline occurs naturally in several cacti species and has long been used by Native Americans for spiritual purposes. Effects include altered moods, mild hallucinations, and altered thought patterns.
- MDMA - MDMA was first synthesized in 1912 by the pharmaceutical company Merck, but its effects were not properly studied until the 1970s, when it started to be used recreationally. It acts as a stimulant and mild psychedelic and is the basis for several street drugs like "ecstasy."
- Salvia Divinorum - Salvia divinorum is a plant containing the chemical salvinorin A, effective treatment for depression and other mood disorders. It can bring about visions and hallucinations as well as feelings of euphoria.
If you are looking to buy psychedelics online for your use, please make sure you know exactly what type of drug it is before purchasing because some may contain other substances which could be potentially dangerous when consumed with psychedelics.